Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year 2011



















 Do you know that in Vietnam their Vietnamese New Year also falls on the same date as the Chinese Lunar Calendar. In Vietnam the Tet celebration is the main holiday and it is a time of merriment , conviviality and family get together. However there is a big difference in the Vietnamese Zodiac. 
Whilst the Chinese populace celebrate the year of the Rabbit, to the Vietnamese it is the year of the Cat. Now the rest of the other zodiac signs remains the same. I do not know how or when this change took place. 
I have written to my friend Etienne and Zenny of Vietnam, and since it is the New Year I was very guarded with my words and I do not intend to offend. All I did in my email to Etienne was ".. do you have rabbits in Vietnam? just in case you do not have rabbits, I enclosed a picture of a rabbit."
Of course it is a joke and I have no doubts that Etienne will take it good strides. 
At the home front, the MPDC/MYDF Challenge trophy is still not returned. I do not know what they are doing, but this matter will simmer on. Of course with the New Year season, it is not polite to use expletives words to describe such despicable conduct, we shall wait after the holiday season. 
In the mean time Chua and Evon, MYDF apologise to you and you know the reason why the trophy cannot be passed to you. 
All the same to all MYDF members , friends and supporters of MYDF ( including those on the other side of the divide), I would like to take this opportunity to wish you "
 
A Happy Chinese New Year 2011           

1 comment:

lunaticg said...

"兔年吉祥!
Tù nián jí xiáng!
Good Luck in the Year of the Rabbit!"